The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) announced that it completed its update of federal overtime regulationsSome of the core provisions are:
The final regulation was published in the Federal Register, link here.
- Salary threshold for administrative, executive and professional employees (the "white collar" exemptions) will now be $684/week, or $35,568/year. This will replace the current threshold of $455.00/week or $23,660/year (in place since 2004).
- The Highly Compensated Employee threshold will go from $100,000 (in place since 2004) to $107,432.00.
- There are NO changes to the duties test.
- There are NO automatic updates.
- Employers may use non discretionary bonuses and incentive payments (including commissions) that are paid at least annually to satisfy up to 10 percent of the standard salary level, in recognition of evolving pay practices.
- The final regulation will become effective on January 1, 2020. Therefore, employers have approximately 3 months to plan for the changes accordingly.
- If you have questions see FAQ's here.
If you have any additional questions please contact Wyoming Travel Industry Coalition Executive Director Chris Brown at email@example.com or at (307) 634-8816 x 207 with any questions or concerns.