The Legislative Session begins Feb. 12, 2018.
Wyoming Travel Industry Coalition Positions
- Support fully funding the Wyoming Office of Tourism.
- Support the current local option lodging tax law with no changes
- WTIC opposes any changes the existing successful local option lodging tax law that has been adopted in either a city or by the county in every Wyoming County. $14 million is currently raised through the lodging tax for tourism promotion in local communities. This supplements the nearly $20 million a year spent by private companies for promotion and the Wyoming Office of Tourism annual budget of $12.5 million.
Additional Positions taken in the past 5 years
- Support the Wyoming Air Service Enhancement Program
- Support adequate funding for state highways.
- Support adequate funding for state roads around state parks and historic sites.
- Support State Historic Sites appropriation for capital construction, interpretation, consulting and operations and maintenance of our historic sites in jeopardy statewide.
- Support Cultural Heritage and Tourism Areas to identify, enhance and promote the historic, recreational, cultural, natural and scenic resources of the state and to stimulate community sustainability and economic development through tourism.
- Support the Workforce Development Training Fund from the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services.
- Support the Wyoming Wildlife Trust Fund.
- Support funding for the Wyoming Game and Fish Department.
- Oppose Illegal Immigration legislation at the state level since the federal government regulates immigration.
How WTIC takes positions on federal and state legislative issues.
A board member proposes a possible position. A majority vote of board members present moves on a possible position. If a majority of those WTIC board members responding approve the position, it is added to the WTIC list of approved positions.