Industry Partner Opportunities in WOT’s Adjacent Marketing Campaign
The Wyoming Office of Tourism’s (WOT) adjacent marketing campaign—which targets markets close to the state and kicks off in May—will focus on the Great American Road Trip with new opportunities for industry partners to participate in the campaign.
The campaign will focus
on a new interactive mapping feature on the WOT website and new, fun Wyoming stickers. The Wyoming stickers showcase various locations
and attractions around the state from Yellowstone to Independence Rock. Visitors can obtain the Wyoming stickers through select Wyoming visitor centers.
“If we can get our visitors into the centers, then our excellent visitor center staffs have the opportunity to help extend their length of stay which benefits their community and the state as a whole,” said Alan Dubberley, Deputy Director for WOT.
State-run welcome centers will be featured on the enhanced interactive map that will highlight routes and things to do along those routes.
The new partnership opportunities include being a part of a Road Trip Web Network - an opportunity for all Wyoming destinations and attractions to extend the Road Trip message and take advantage of the web traffic generated. Another opportunity is obtaining approved visitor center status, whereby a visitor center can be one of the featured locations to distribute Road Trip stickers. Lastly, partners will have the opportunity to create their own road trip sticker artwork to print stickers.
The following criteria must be met for each opportunity:
Web Network Partner
- WOT will provide directions and branded creative elements, approved verbiage and brand standards to be included on partner website landing page
- Must link back to WOT interactive map or other designated WOT landing page
Approved Visitor Center Status
- The approved visitor center will be a distribution point for Wyoming’s Great American Road Trip sticker campaign
- Visitor centers must be manned seven days a week.
- Visitor center staff must attend training webinar on May 9 (webinar will be recorded for subsequent viewing if necessary)
- Must monitor sticker inventory for coordinated re-orders
- Must be a web network partner
Create your own “Wyoming’s Great American Road Trip” sticker ($2,500)
- The cost includes creation of your own Road Trip sticker artwork
- Inclusion of sticker artwork on WOT website
- Cost includes dual rights of the artwork with WOT
- Sticker printing, distribution and merchandising costs to be incurred and coordinated by destination
The deadline for inclusion in these new partnership opportunities is May 1, 2013. If you’d like more information about these opportunities or the adjacent market campaign, contact WOT Deputy Director Alan Dubberley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 307-777-8561.