State Parks Seeks Input On Concessionaire Plan
The Wyoming Division of State Parks, Historic Sites and Trails is in the process of developing a Statewide Concessions Master Plan, and invites the public to provide input.
In an effort to provide a quality visitor experience the division is embarking on a public engagement process which includes opportunities to participate in person at public meetings or online using web-based technology.
Concession visitor services are provided by the private sector and can be programs or facilities which support the activities which are occurring in the state parks.
The division currently offers visitor services provided by concessioners at Hot Springs State Park (e.g. Best Western Hotel, Days Inn Hotel, TeePee Pools and Star Plunge ); Keyhole State Parks (e.g. Keyhole Marina), Glendo State Park (e.g. Glendo Marina) and Boysen State Park (e.g. Boysen Marina).
SPHST is using Crowdbrite’s web-based technology to gather your input on planning for visitor services at the State Parks and Historic Sites. This interactive site will allow the public to provide input directly to the Wyoming Division of State Parks, Historic Sites and Trails and share ideas with other interested people. SPHST would like to know:
1. What visitor services would you like to see improved, enhanced or removed?
2. What new visitor services would you like to see added/introduced?
Please add ideas and pictures to the interactive site between March 11 and April 15. A link to the interactive site can be found at wyoparks.state.wy.us/ideas.
Public meetings will be held at the following locations:
- Tuesday, March 12, 7 pm: THERMOPOLIS: Big Horn Federal Bank, 643 Broadway, Basement Public Meeting Room
- Wednesday, March, 13: 7 pm: GILLETTE: City Hall, Community Room, 201 East 5th Street
- Monday, March 18, 7 pm: CHEYENNE: Barrett Building 2301 Central Avenue
- Wednesday, March 20, 7 pm: CASPER: Wyoming Game and Fish Office, 3030 Energy Lane
- Thursday, March 21: 7 pm: EVANSTON: Beeman Cashin Bldg: 35 10th Street