Adventurescapes Campaign Focuses on Deals & Packages
The Wyoming Office of Tourism’s (WOT) million dollar Adventurescapes campaign aims to bring visitors from target markets adjacent to Wyoming into the state based on packaged vacation offerings.
These packages combine lodging with attractions or events at a single price point making vacation planning easy for visitors. Packages are uploaded to the Tourism website and traffic is driven by the Adventurescapes campaign focused on regional markets around Wyoming including Denver, Colorado Springs, Salt Lake City, Rapid City, Billings, Bozeman, Pocatello, Idaho Falls and Boise.
"This campaign utilizes a variety of mediums to get the message across to consumers," said Alan Dubberley, Deputy Director for WOT. "The layered approach allows us to touch consumers with more frequency."
"We are using television, a monthly email newsletter, outdoor billboard advertising, geo-targeted online and a full-color newspaper insert," Dubberley added.
The key to the campaign are packages industry partners are putting together. To help make the packaging process easier, the WOT has put together six key steps to creating a quality vacation package:
- Choose an accommodation partner. This can include hotels, lodges, resorts, campgrounds, etc.
- Find an attraction or an event. Does your community have a golf course or a great upcoming event? Use that to help you develop your package.
- Decide who is going to coordinate, take money and distribute the money to participating partners. Most often, this is the lodging partner.
- Choose a price point. All packages must have a price point based on a per person or per night rate. This doesn’t necessarily have to be discounted—it is the packaging service that is most beneficial to the customer.
- Write up a detailed description of your package. This package is just the visitor’s first steps into your community. What else does your community have to offer? Free attractions? Museums? Scenic Drives? Historic Events. This is your chance to sell your community and give tourists options.
- Upload your event to the wyomingtourism.org website. Make sure you have a photo, contact number and how to book the package. Also, include any blackout dates.
There is plenty of time to take advantage of this campaign as it runs through the month of September.
For help on how to create your package and upload it to the WOT website, contact Marketing Specialist Lesley Rowbal at email@example.com or 307-777-2881.